Products and Services Update – Q1 2019
Happy Spring! A new collection of PrismHR features and enhancements are in bloom. Read on for all the details and check out the latest news on PrismHR LIVE (June 17-20, Boston), including our recently announced keynote speaker and a preview of sessions.
PrismHR LIVE – Register Now
Join 600 attendees in Boston, MA for PrismHR LIVE 2019, the industry’s largest technology conference (June 17 – 20).
- Attend 50+ educational sessions around payroll and benefits, onboarding, security, sales and marketing, industry trends, and more! View the PrismHR LIVE 2019 Agenda Preview
- Meet face-to-face with PrismHR team members to get your questions answered.
- Network with hundreds of industry peers across four days of content and three nights of networking events.
Reserve your ticket for PrismHR LIVE 2019 before pricing goes up after April 30.
Want more information? Visit the PrismHR LIVE website.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com.
New Products & Features
Here are the most notable and exciting new products and features released in Q1. Read the Additional Updates section for more detail on all updates and enhancements.
Enhancements to PTO/Leave Request processing include controls to limit the amount of days in the past an employee can request leave and the ability process backdated leave requests for salaried employees.
With Custom Form PDF Generation, a PDF is created and stored in the PrismHR Document Repository for every custom form completed during the onboarding process. And with Customer Form PDF Mapping, you can manage your onboarding workflows with more control by including your own editable PDFs.
Read the release notes for PrismHR Onboarding 1.3 to learn more about these updates and more.
You can now set up plan dependencies at both the offer type and plan levels. Also included in this release is the new consolidated Benefits Enrollment Plan Details form which replaces the Compare Benefits form and the Plan Offer Type Comparison Setupform.
For more information, read the release notes.
Multi-factor authentication (MFA) via email and SMS (text) is now available for Employee Portal.
Enabling MFA in Employee Portal offers an additional layer of security to verify a user’s identity and prevents unauthorized access to employee data. It’s a best practice that should be of heightened interest given the recent increase in payroll and direct deposit fraud attempts targeting HROs and worksite employees.
Read the release notes for Employee Portal 2.5 for more details on MFA and other enhancements.
Additional Product Updates
View current and historical release notes for PrismHR Cloud here.
PrismHR Payroll, Benefits & HR
The quarterly release of PrismHR 1.14 includes ACH batch processing which allows users to see all ACH transactions available for processing in a single view. There were also improvements made to ACH hold review and maintenance. Enhancements to PTO/Leave Request processing include controls to limit the amount of days in the past an employee can request leave and the ability process backdated leave requests for salaried employees. Based on feedback from product influencers (customers), a data import tool is now available. A retro pay calculator has also been included in this release. Read the release notes here.
Benefits Enrollment 2.12 includes the new consolidated Benefits Enrollment Plan Details form which replaces the Compare Benefits form and the Plan Offer Type Comparison Setup form. It also expands the ability to set up plan dependencies at both the offer type and plan levels. In addition, there have been a series of notification enhancements. For more information, read the release notes.
The PrismHR Onboarding 1.3 release includes custom form PDF generation and mapping, new workflow maintenance features, and the ability to view the status of all forms/approvals via the Onboarding Dashboard. For more information, read the release notes.
The quarterly release of Employee Portal 2.5 added the SMS/text option to multi-factor authentication, a new birthdays and anniversaries widget, a “How Can We Help?” widget that allows employees to submit support requests from Employee Portal and automatically generate Pulse cases, and the ability to delete messages in bulk. Employees can now see additional PTO details and estimate future PTO. This release also has added Symmetry integration for employee address changes. You can also now limit the amount of days in the past an employee can request PTO. Read the release notes for more information.
Pulse releases feature the “Can We Help?” widget which automatically generates Pulse cases from user support requests in Employee Portal. Other additions include Payroll Batch data import via the API, many workflow channel and email template enhancements, improved Salesforce API integration, and more. Read the release notes for Pulse Release 76, Release 77, and Release 78 for more information.
This release features updated MTD, QTD, and YTD calculations on the on demand Payroll Register Report, in both standard and compact formats.
ACH processing has been added as a feature in PrismHR in this quarterly release. Compliance-related enhancements to HR Pyramid include an update to the ESAC client data download file and state tax withholding adjustments. For more information, read the release notes for HRPyramid Cloud 14.2 Service Pack 19.
PrismHR Achieves SOC 2 Type 2 Compliance
On February 19, 2019, PrismHR announced it had successfully completed a Service Organization Control (SOC) 2 Type 2 examination. The audit confirms the effectiveness of PrismHR’s controls and demonstrates the company’s commitment to maintaining stringent processes for protecting the security of confidential information.
SOC 2 Type 2 compliance indicates that a company is following best practices for information security and has proven its ability to keep its clients’ sensitive data secure. The compliance ensures that PrismHR customers can safely deliver HR services using the company’s HR Cloud software without worrying about security concerns or risks for themselves, their clients, or worksite employees. Read the press release for more details.
AgileHR Joins the PrismHR Family
Earlier this month, it was announced that AgileHR joined the PrismHR family. AgileHR provides a full suite of talent management solutions. As the competition for recruiting and retaining employees increases for SMBs, talent management solutions are increasingly important. This acquisition expands and enhances the PrismHR Platform with solutions from one of the leading talent management providers.
An Innovative Approach to Dental Insurance
The core philosophy of new PrismHR partner Beam Dental is that better preventive dental engagement will result in fewer costly interventions needed over time, interventions that can increase premium costs. Beam’s key differentiator, Beam Perks, can reduce cost while boosting dental health. With Beam Perks, each employee gets a connected toothbrush, toothpaste, floss and refill heads shipped directly to them. The connected Beam Brush aggregates brushing engagement data at the group level that Beam factors into the group’s renewal pricing, and many groups see a net decrease in their renewal price. Watch the recording of their recent webinar or visit the Beam Dental Marketplace page for more information.
COBRA Management in Just Two Clicks
COBRA management can be a manual, time consuming process with a high risk of non-compliance, so PrismHR is happy to announce a new partnership with EverythingBenefits. EverythingBenefits delivers a full-service COBRA Administration solution so you can go paperless to track qualifying events, meet coverage requirements, and reduce the risk of IRS non-compliance fees that can be as high as $500,000 or 10% of your premiums. Watch the recording of their recent webinar or visit the EverythingBenefits Marketplace page.
Consumer-Directed Health Plan Administration: One Platform, One Sign-on, One Card
Since 1999, new PrismHR partner Omega Benefit Strategies has simplified employee benefits administration so employers and participants can focus on the things that matter most to them. Omega offers cutting-edge technology, instant access to information and expertise with superior customer service.
Omega’s Consumer-Directed Health Plan (CDHP) administration is unique with:
- No set up or annual renewal fees and free plan documents.
- The Omega Guarantee insures PEOs against loss on its medical FSA Plan if claim payments exceed collected deductions.
- Single sign-on straight from PrismHR with pre-built Consumer Data Exchange.
- All accounts on one platform, with a single administrator, on one card, one portal or via the mobile app.
Visit the Omega Marketplace page for more information.
Reinforce Employees’ Sense of Well Being
PrismHR is pleased to announce a new partnership with 5Star Life Insurance Company. Through engagement, collaboration, and a benefit portfolio addressing an array of employee needs, 5Star Life is an easy choice as a preferred and dependable partner. 5Star Life’s benefits solutions include:
- The Family Protection Plan term life insurance product provides both level death benefit and level premiums for the insured, with a Quality of Life Rider as an optional benefit.
- The Accident Plan provides cash benefits for medical treatment for a covered accident with no pre-existing condition limitation or annual maximum benefit.
- The Healthcare Indemnity Plan supplements existing medical coverage by filling the gaps created by rising deductibles, increasing co-payments, and higher out-of-pocket maximums.
- The Critical Illness Insurance Plan pays lump sum benefits direct to the insured on a tax-free basis, based on qualifying diagnosis by a healthcare professional.
5Star Life offers a portfolio of employee benefit plans to fit every need and budget. Learn more about 5Star.
Reduce Health Insurance Costs for Clients and Employees
New PrismHR Insurance Alliance partner American Public Life (APL) provides group supplemental medical plans, or “gap” plans, designed to control benefit costs for employers and reduce deductible pressures for employees. As health insurance premiums increase and employers shift costs to employees by raising deductibles, employers need a solution to attract and keep top talent.
When much of the day-to-day medical expenses are paid from employees’ own pockets, they become frustrated with the benefits their employers are spending so much to offer. APL’s plans are designed to work hand in hand with the employer’s major medical plan to offset many of the employee’s out-of-pocket expenses and can reduce the overall costs for the employer as well.
New Case Reporting in the Customer Resource Center (CRC)
Case reporting is now available in the CRC, allowing you to view, filter and export information on the cases you have access to. To view case reporting, click “Reporting” on the upper navigation bar. Send your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sales & Marketing Resources
Are you or one of your colleagues looking for resources to help sell and market PrismHR technology? Sign up or login to the SEEDS portal today to view all the resources available for sales and marketing professionals.
We’re adding new content and tools to SEEDS weekly, so be sure to check back often to see what’s new. Below is a list of the latest resources in SEEDS.
PrismHR recently surveyed HR service provider professionals about key business issues and trends. Those findings are summarized in the 2019 Human Resource Outsourcing (HRO) Trends Report and provide insight into numerous aspects of the HR outsourcing industry, including:
- Market and technology trends
- HR service trends
- Industry growth and outlook
The data from this report can be used to evaluate your own business, identify ways to improve your processes, and compare growth and performance metrics.
The following roadmap section highlights where PrismHR will focus in the short term (second quarter of 2019) and offers a preview of future initiatives which are in progress or planned.
Onboarding and Benefits Enrollment: User Interface Updates
The April Maintenance Release will feature UI updates for Onboarding and Benefits Enrollment, introducing a modern experience to improve usability and consistency.
- Restartable Payroll
- Import Worksite Locations
- Import Positions
- Payroll Notes Improvements
- Accounting Enhancements
- Outstanding Leave Request Reminders
- Multiple Retirement Plan Support
- Added Import Functionality (Continued)
- Accounting Enhancements (Continued)
- Extra Check Handling
- PTO Enhancements
- Onboarding PDF Generation Tool
- Form Set – Document Substitution
- Cross Hire
- Advanced Workflow Settings
- Manage Approvals Queue Tool
- E-Verify Support
- Direct Deposit – Force Balance Account
- Form Dependency – Include Form Based on Form Response
- Notifications – Event Based by Field and/or Business Rule
- Approval Assignment to Multiple User Types
- Dashboard All Client View
- Workflow Maintenance – Proxy
- Batch PDF Download
- Productized Mapped PDFs
- Document Management Initial Release (Focused on New Clients)
- Time Entry Widget Allowing Employees to Click In/Out Directly from the Employee Portal Dashboard
- Employee Alerts – Allow Service Providers to Push Employee Alerts to Select Clients via Employee Portal
- Bringing HR Actions for Managers in Employee Portal
- Pay Rate Change
- Employee Termination
- Org Charts
- PTO Team Calendars
- State Tax Levy Calculation Enhancements
- State tax levy EFT Support for Wisconsin and California
- Federal Tax Levy Priority Order
- Wisconsin Creditor Calculation Logic
- Tax Calculations, Including Supplemental Earnings for Federal and California Income Tax, Non-Resident Alien Improvements
- Symmetry, MasterTax, & Vertex Updates
- Escalation Responsiveness
- Build Out Minimum Wage Engine and Logic for 50 State Support
- Support for New W4 in 2020
- MasterTax improvements, including Schedule R redesign
- Begin Roll Out of New Interactive Reports (7) and Report Center
- Add AutoRun HRP Reports to PrismHR Auto Gen
- New Display PDF button on Invoice Inquiry Screen for Initialized and Posted Payroll Invoices
- New Invoice Variance Report
- Client Allocation Parameter Enhancements for Excel Outputs on PrismHR Auto Gen and On Demand Versions
- Add Check Reprint to PrismHR
- Continue Roll Out of New Interactive Reports and Report Center
- Add Reports and Enhance Features in Interactive Reports and Report Center
- Life Election – Format Changes
- Plan Specific Terms & Conditions
- Auto Email Confirmation Statement via Secure Email
- FSA/HSA Only OE and HSA without Medical
- Multiple Bugs
- Flex Plan Dependencies
- Notification Enhancements
- Take-On Client Tools
- Client Benefits Renewal Process
- Enrollment Applications
- Current Enrollment Form Revival
- Import Tools
- Business Rules Library
- Case Creation from the Employee Portal
- Workflow Channel and Email Template UX Enhancements
- Sunset ClientSpace Classic
- Payroll Batch Data Imports
- Email Add In Improvements
- Improve Data Flow/Integration Between PrismHR and Pulse
- Provide I-9 Expiration Notices
- Enhance Client Profitability Reporting
- Contextual Linking Between Pulse and PrismHR for Client and Employee Details
- Ability to Update Pay Group
- Get List of Managers Who Can See a Given Employee
- Create and Update Dependents
- More Payroll Features (Initializing Batch)
- Expanded Client Setup
*These roadmap statements represent PrismHR’s current intentions. PrismHR development plans are subject to change or withdrawal without notice. Any reliance on these statements is at the relying party’s sole risk and will not create any liability or obligation for PrismHR.