Products and Services Update – Q1 2018
We started 2018 strong and have kept on rolling. Employee Portal and PrismHR Sales Management, along with improvements in Support, are big parts of this Products and Services Update. Choose any of the topics below and click on the down arrow to learn more.
New Products and Features
The new PrismHR Employee Portal enhances the employee experience with a modern, easy-to-use interface that can be used on any device, anywhere. Its intuitive, professional design can be your competitive edge to win and retain more business, and the portal can be customized to fit all your clients’ needs. All of this, along with full Spanish support, provides an employee experience that ensures more satisfied, loyal clients and reduced support costs.
Now’s the time to give your clients the best possible user experience and enable the new Employee Portal for them. Here are the release notes, quick start guide, and the product web page for more information.
PrismHR Sales Management
PrismHR Sales Management is designed specifically for HR service providers and helps you optimize your sales, pricing and underwriting processes to win more deals. It provides pricing and proposals, underwriting, lead and opportunity management, and contact management.
Product & Infrastructure Updates
Which Product Updates Matter to You?
We heard your feedback, and wanted to make it easier for you to quickly see some of the most important updates by your role. So take a quick look here, or read on for details by product further below.
Payroll & Benefits
If you focus on Payroll or Benefits, you’ll want to read about all the updates in PrismHR 1.9.2, 1.9.3, and 1.10 . You’ll also be particularly interested in Benefits Enrollment 2.7.2, 2.7.3, and 2.8. If you’re an HRPyramid customer, you’ll want to learn more about updates in HRPyramid 14.2 SP 14.2, SP 14.3, and SP 15.
PrismHR Q1 2018 Quarterly Release
The PrismHR Q1 2018 Release included PrismHR 1.10, Benefits Enrollment 2.8, API 1.12 and HRPyramid Cloud 14.2 Service Pack 15. Watch the webinar below to learn what is included in the release.
PrismHR Payroll, Benefits and HR
PrismHR 1.10 includes a number of PTO enhancements and improved user experience for managers approving PTO requests. Within Reporting, your reporting suggestions submitted in the Ideas portal led to the addition of Benefits Enrollment data in Data Retriever. Read the release notes here.Many other updates were made to PrismHR earlier in the quarter, including Tax, ACA, Payroll, Client, Reporting and several other enhancements. Also included were a wide range of fixes. Here are the release notes for PrismHR 1.9.2 and 1.9.3
HRPyramid Cloud 14.2 Service Pack 15 includes a wide range of fixes. Here are the release notes. And the upgrade kit for HRPyramid Web Edition 14.2 15.0 is available here.And a range of other updates for HRPyramid were made before the quarterly release, including Tax enhancements, ACA enhancements and many fixes. Here are the release notes forHRPyramid 14.2 SP 14.2 and HRPyramid 14.2 SP 14.3.
Many new features have been added to PrismHR Hiring.
- User-defined workflows lets you define a single approver or list of approvers for each individual job and/or offer letter, giving you the flexibility to manage any approval workflow in your organization. You can also can even skip an approver who is out of the office. You can enable this feature by visiting the workflow icon on their account details page.
- Protected notes let you restrict access to sensitive information about a candidate, such as salary expectations or notes about a questionable background check result. Admins can decide which user roles have access to view protected notes via the roles & permissions icon on their account details page. Protected notes are available on the applicant viewer under the notes tab.
- Auto Job Codes automatically generate unique, incremental job codes for new jobs. You can access this feature via the feature management icon on their account details page.
- Create a library of job description templates that are shared with other users, making it even easier for to post a new job that adheres to your organization’s job posting guidelines and standards. When creating a new job, you can simply insert a job description template and customize as needed. If you want more internal control, admins can restrict job description access to certain individuals. Users can get started building their template library via the job description templates icon on their account details page.
Benefits Enrollment 2.8 contains new features including benefits and open enrollments overlap improvements, individual and bulk web enrollment archive, new obsolete status for archived enrollments, and enrollment posting logs. There are also enhancements and fixes. Read the release notes here.Many other updates were made to Benefits Enrollment prior to the Quarterly release. These include inability to delete notification recipients and notification templates attached to workflows or groups, respectively, a setting to suppress benefit plan auto-termination, posting queue counter, removing enrollments from a posting batch and more. There are also several fixes. Here are the release notes for Benefits Enrollment 2.7.2 and 2.7.3.
Be on the lookout for news about SOC 2 compliance very soon. We’ve chatted with many of you about this already and will be sharing updates on this achievement progress in the coming days.
Year End/Q1 Processing
PrismHR LIVE 2018
PrismHR LIVE is a unique opportunity each year for you to learn from industry leaders, your peers and the PrismHR team. Attendees get product announcements, news, and how-to training. They also hear how others have addressed common challenges, and much, much more. This year, we are also including dedicated tracks to help you improve your business efficiency and grow your business.
Customer Success Managers
We’ve hired and are training a new team of Customer Success Managers whose sole mission will be to ensure customers are happy and successful on our platform. Each PrismHR customer will have a named CSM assigned to their account. The CSM will be your primary point of contact and will be your advocate within PrismHR. CSMs are not sales people; they are solely focused on ensuring your business success leveraging PrismHR. Note that you’ll continue to use the Customer Resource Center (CRC) for Support issues, and you’ll continue working with your Project Manager on any matters relating to Professional Services engagements.Over the coming weeks and months, we will reach out to introduce your CSMs and explain more about the program.
Customer Resource Center Enhancements
In addition to resolving your tickets faster, we have an ongoing effort to improve systems and processes that will make both the support team and you more productive and efficient. We are working to improve the Customer Resource Center (CRC) behind the scenes to better measure the entire support process (from case open to close) and identify, prioritize and enhance your support experience.Also in the theme of greater measurement: a new survey tool is coming to get your feedback after cases are resolved. Keep an eye out for those, and please let us know how we’re doing.
Last but not least, we are continuing to add content to the Knowledge Base in the CRC on a weekly basis. In particular, we are making a concerted effort to add more of the following:
- “How to” content: short articles on common questions and issues, designed to help users get quick answers without needing to log a case.
- Training content: webinars, other videos, and documentation on specific topics like W2 processing, designed to provide guidance on specific procedures.
- Links to timely articles right on the home page so users can easily find the latest and greatest info.
Faster Ticket Resolution
Support for PrismHR Time & Labor
To provide you with the best possible customer support, all support for PrismHR Time and Labor has transitioned to the technology provider for this module, TimeClock Plus.This new support process means that you will have direct access to a team at TimeClock Plus dedicated to PrismHR, and that team can more effectively diagnose and resolve your question. If the TimeClock Plus support team needs assistance from the PrismHR team to solve your issue, they will reach out to PrismHR on your behalf and communicate progress and resolution information to you.
Professional Services & Training
Updated PrismHR Learning Programs
Version 3.0 learning programs are now available. The role-based learning programs now align with the benefits course modules and incorporate three new intro modules for worker’s compensation and benefits into the curriculum. The benefits course has been broken into four parts: Benefits – Syst
New Course: Data Retriever
Updated Course: Sales Demo Training
em, Benefits – Retirement, Benefits – Client and Benefits – Employee. The worker’s compensation course has been updated to include an intro module.
Updated Learning Program Matrix
New Course: Employee Portal Configuration
This course contains 9 modules that will assist in configuring the employee experience. Upon completion, you will:
- Understand what a template is and how it impacts the employee experience
- Be able to configure themes, which will dictate the colors seen throughout the employee experience
- Be able to configure menus, widgets on the dashboard, and access to documents
- Add a background image and logos to the login page and employee dashboard
- Understand and create client overrides so you can tweak a setting that will only apply to select clients
Updated Job Aid: Sales Demo Training Guide
Sales & Marketing Resources
New Employee Portal Resources
Your customers will love the all-new Employee Portal. A number of resources have been added to SEEDS to help you communicate all the great new benefits and features to your clients. Resources include a datasheet, a product demo video with script and screenshots, and a whole new way of demoing the Employee Portal to your customers.The Employee Portal Clickable Demo enables you to provide an interactive tour of Employee Portal. This allows you to demonstrate the software without needing any login credentials or user data. It’s easy to use and gives you the flexibility to show your customers Employee Portal in a real-world setting.
Submit your company for a 2018 PrismHR Digital Marketing Award
Events & Webinars
Integrated Time Solutions Web Series
The Integrated Time Solutions Web Series featured four time and attendance solutions: PrismHR Time and Labor powered by TimeClock Plus, Synel Americas, TIMECO and nettime solutions. Each partner provided market insights, key benefits and features of their products, as well as a demonstration of their solution. The recorded webinars are available here.
2017 “Sneak Peeks” Update*
If you attended PrismHR LIVE 2017, you were treated to “Sneak Peeks” on some very exciting new product initiatives. Here’s a video of the presentation, and some associated updates.
Location Services (Rooftop Lookup of Tax Calculations)
- Certified Payroll Report in PrismHR
- OSHA 300AEFILE in PrismHR and HRP
- New Accounting flat file to be added to Informer and PrismHR as a download
- Informer 5 beta program, data set development, user security model development, development environment, and embedded report in PrismHR
- Redesigned interface for client level data in Data Retriever
- Qualified Life Events (PrismHR initiated), alternate contribution plans with risk factors or networks, and customer ideas
- Email Integration with Office365 and Gmail
- Case Creation from PrismHR for Employees and Managers
- Profitability reporting support with voucher billing codes and totals
- Unbundled billing rules
- User-defined and Performance Management fields
- Auditing improvements
- OSHA data
- Enhanced PTO management, additional pay rate updates, cutback check processing (HRP conversion)
- Beta of Enhanced ACH Processing (direct deposit)
- Beta program begins in April
- Custom Forms, Import New Hire, basic Business Rules
- Plan is to roll out in June timeframe
- Manager functionality (approvals, employee management), additional employee functionality (read-only address)
- Garnishment logic, specifically:
- structural underpinnings
- state tax levy
- student loan
- federal tax levy
- Scope and plan
- Year end improvements
- W2 / 1099
- Tax reporting
- Enhanced minimum wage functionality
- Improved local support
- Bifurcated rates
- Year end improvements
- Onboarding: Refine in-flight designs to align with BE
- Benefits Enrollment: Refine current design/patterns, voluntary slider – beneficiary logic
- Employee Portal: Information architecture mapping, building UX pattern library, integrating manager approvals and employee view to the EP platform
- Closing HRP feature gaps, enhancing PTO-related functionality, improving worksite manager workflow, improved Garnishment/Minimum Wage support, centralized document management
- Dashboard Actions, Business Rules Tool, Pay Card, Cross-Hire, Dynamic Attributes
- Life Events-EE Initiated, plan dependencies, Notification enhancements, Workflow Library enhancements, and gender and tobacco banded rates
- API Enhancements: Pricing and Profitability
- Sense Architecture Redesign
- Prototyping technologies for next generation PrismHR API
- Enhancing online development tools / content
- Improved report organization, formatting, parameters
- HRP and Summit report conversions
- Extending Data Retriever
- New Data Access via Informer 5
- Enhanced Notifications/Alerts, Expanded Role-based workflows, Integrated Case Management, Email integration, dashboards/reporting
- Document Management, HR Actions, Case Creation, and Multi-factor Authentication
- Improved Garnishment and Minimum Wage support, SBEA restructuring, and year end, W2 and ACA processing improvements
- Evolve Employee Portal: Modern look and feel
- Unifying BE and OB style to match Employee Portal
- Exploring Prism style enhancements based on Employee Portal
- Improving the style and usability of Reports
- Continue evolving UX Style Guide/Pattern Library
*These roadmap statements represent PrismHR’s current intentions. PrismHR development plans are subject to change or withdrawal without notice. Any reliance on these statements is at the relying party’s sole risk and will not create any liability or obligation for PrismHR.
Do you have something you’d like to see in future updates? Please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org, and stay tuned for next quarter’s update!
See previous PrismHR Product and Services Updates: