Automated. Secure. No-Cost Solution.
Let The Work Number do the work for you.
Learn More about The Work Number from Equifax.
Verifying employment and income is vital for employees when they are applying for loans, lines of credit and government benefits. This can become very time consuming for you especially in our 24/7 consumer environment. Employees rely on you for on-demand responses to keep their personal lives moving.
When the volume of requests increases, mistakes can be made, which puts your company at risk. Handling verification requests also distracts from delivering core HR functions.
The Work Number® can do this work for you by automatically responding to verifications securely with speed and efficiency using the payroll data already managed by the PrismHR platform.
Safe, Secure, and Fast!
The Work Number does the work for you, and keeps life moving for employees.
The Work Number helps provide peace of mind to employers and employees by:
- Providing verification information 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Offering globally recognized best practices in security and data management
- Credentialing and registering all verifiers
- Requiring a permissible purpose to access employee information
- Delivering the most up-to-date information on employees
- Releasing only information that is required on the verification
- Maintaining compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA)
- Providing employees access to their Employment Data Report
- Additional advantages for employers
Organizations of all shapes and sizes, from small not-for-profit agencies to the largest of corporations, choose Equifax to handle the verifications for their employee population. Not only does the service help relieve administrative burdens and costs, it keeps employees’ information secure and helps to mitigate exposure to unauthorized access. Equifax allows only contracted and credentialed verifiers access to the information. Empower employees to obtain the credit and benefits they need, when they need it.
- The Work Number is the nation’s largest source of employment information
- Trusted by over 560,000 employers from businesses of all sizes
- Expansive growth to mid- and small-size businesses
- Employees consent to the verifications usually at the time of application
- Employee information remains confidential but is accessible to them upon their request
- Network of more than 375,000 credentialed verifiers representing more than 25,000 organizations use The Work Number with a permissible purpose per the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA)
- Faster decisions by lenders and government agencies equals improved opportunities for credit and benefits for employees
- 25% of verifications are completed after business hours or over the weekend
The Work Number is a registered trademark of TALX Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of Equifax Inc. Copyright © 2019, Equifax Inc., Atlanta, Georgia. All rights reserved.